- Published: 17 April 2019 17 April 2019
The Global Wind Energy Council (GWEC) has published the first edition of its annual Global Wind Market Development – Supply Side Data 2018. The Global Wind Market Development - Supply Side Data 2018 represents a detailed account of wind turbines installed across the global from all active suppliers over the past year.
The final report includes more than 30 tables and figures charting the evolution of global wind power markets on the supply side and is the sister report of GWEC’s Global Wind Report 2018, that covers the global wind market status and outlook from the demand side. Key Insights from the Report are:
- 20,641 wind turbines installed in 2018, produced by 37 manufacturers.
- 1 in 5 wind turbines were installed by Vestas in 2018 followed by Goldwind and Siemens Gamesa.
- Eight out of the top 15 wind turbine manufacturers are based in China
- Vestas, Mingyang and Goldwind are the number one supplier in each of the three turbine technology categories, high-speed geared drive, medium speed geared drive and direct drive, in 2018