- Published: 09 December 2022 09 December 2022
Vaisala has announced several enhancements to WindCube lidar including new design features, measurement capabilities and service and support for optimal Wind Resource Assessment (WRA) in extreme weather conditions across a diverse array of climates.
The latest WindCube enhancements deliver:
New capabilities to ensure uptime and performance in any onshore or offshore environment
- A robust metallic wiper resists corrosion in harsh conditions, while Vaisala’s acclaimed PTH WXT535 weather sensor delivers accurate measurements of environmental parameters, including wind, rain, temperature, and barometric readings
- A new winter kit safeguards the lidar from snow and ice
- An increased temperature range (50 degrees Celsius) allows for deployments in the hottest areas around the globe
- Compatibility with the latest generation of EFOY fuel cell design for off-grid applications.
- A partnership with SmartGrid enables customers to collect data at remote locations with satellite communications
Updated measurement capabilities to ensure data accuracy for increasingly tall turbine hub heights
- In partnership with Pavana, users now have the ability to compare lidar data with measurements from an IEC-compliant met mast up to 200 meters