- Published: 10 March 2022 10 March 2022
Classification Society ClassNK has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with PowerX for a collaboration on the development of the Power Transfer Vessel (Power ARK).
PowerX is carrying out a project of the first model of the Power ARK series, which is designed for transferring renewable energy in Japanʼs coastal waters, and this project is in the design and development stage towards a demonstration experiment and full-scale operation in 2025. PowerX and ClassNK have agreed to collaborate on investigation of:
- Evaluating the Power Ark concept and relevant standards
- Defining relevant standards for safety verification and certifications
- Defining the validation methodology for Power Ark’s battery system
- Assessing the Power Ark’s system design and battery safety
- Assessing the overall safety of the Power Ark