- Published: 31 August 2017 31 August 2017
Bureau Veritas has issued new rules for the Classification of Offshore Service Vessels and Tugs, including new class notations for pipelay vessels, accommodation units, offshore construction vessels and offshore support vessels.
The new rules set out requirements for the classification of a wide range of vessels performing construction, installation, maintenance and other support activities at sea. These requirements cover towing, anchor handling, supply, fire-fighting, oil recovery, diving support, lifting, standby and rescue, accommodation, pipe laying, cable laying and semi-submersible heavy transport vessels. New and updated class notations and service features have also been included for:
- Wind turbine installation vessels
- Self-elevating units - covering the legs and elevating systems fitted on liftboats
- Mobile Offshore Units Code compliant accommodation
- Special Purpose / number of persons on-board
- Service notations for tugs and escort tugs