- Published: 10 December 2020 10 December 2020
The Timken Company has announced more than $75 million in capital investments through early 2022 to increase the company's renewable energy capabilities.
Timken will use the announced $75 million investment to:
- Expand its LEED-certified manufacturing facility in Xiangtan, China, where it makes engineered bearings for wind turbines.
- Continue to scale-up its production capacity at sites in Wuxi, China, and Ploiesti, Romania, where Timken manufactures engineered bearings for wind turbines.
- Consolidate multiple sites into a new, larger campus in Jiangyin, China, to increase production capacity, broaden the product range and improve productivity for precision drives used in the solar energy market.
- All of the above investments will include advanced automation and manufacturing technologies.
Timken's wind energy product portfolio includes engineered bearings, lubrication systems, couplings and more. Timken has been active in the wind market for more than 10 years.