- Published: 15 July 2021 15 July 2021
Following the review of the preliminary closing of the third quarter of financial year 2021, the Board of Directors of Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy (SGRE) decided to update and adjust its guidance for the financial year 2021.
This revision is mainly due to provisions for onerous projects affected by the following decisive factors:
- The sharp increase of raw material prices.
- Increased estimates of ramp-up costs for the Siemens Gamesa 5.X platform, especially in Brazil.
The impact of these elements has been exacerbated by the pandemic, especially in countries like Brazil where we face supply chain shortfalls and execution related bottlenecks.
Based on the above, SGRE is adjusting its guidance for financial year 20211 as follows:
- Group revenue for financial year 2021 is expected to be at the low end of the range communicated together with the results of the second quarter on 30 April 2021 (€10.2-€10.5bn).
- Group EBIT margin pre PPA and before I&R costs for financial year 2021 is adjusted to a range of -1% to 0%.
All the aforementioned factors have been taken into account in the results of operations for the Q3 of financial year 2021. As a result, preliminary2 earnings of the third quarter (quarterly results will be published on July 30, 2021) are as follows:
- Revenue of c. €2.7bn.
- EBIT pre PPA and I&R costs of c. -€150 million. The reassessment of the profitability of the WTG order backlog due to the factors mentioned above has resulted in provisions of an estimated amount of €229 million3 in this quarter. Impact is mainly concentrated in the first Siemens Gamesa 5.X projects in Brazil for delivery in financial years 2022 and 20234.
- Net debt c. -€0.8 bn.
- Order intake during the quarter amounted to €1.5bn, impacted by the standard volatility of the Offshore market. Total backlog of c. €32.6bn.