- Published: 02 June 2020 02 June 2020
Leosphere, a Vaisala company, has announced WindCube Nacelle – a lidar that mounts on the nacelle of a turbine to measure the wind conditions at hub height. The WindCube Nacelle is fully compliant with wind industry best practices and an upcoming IEC standard and can be mounted temporarily on or fully integrates into the nacelle.
Features of WindCube Nacelle include:
- Greater range of measurement for onshore and offshore - Measuring with a minimum range of 50 meters, WindCube Nacelle now extends to 700 meters
- Serves all turbines – The lidar measures horizontally at hub height from all turbines, no matter the size or rotor diameter. Plus, 20 simultaneous measurement distances enable in-depth analysis.
- Efficient Power Performance Testing (PPT) - the lidar is providing rapid data completion that meets the PPT requirements of the largest wind turbines
- Easy to deploy and maintain – Simple installation, lightweight components, full integration capability, and straightforward configuration processes