- Published: 14 April 2021 14 April 2021
European renewable power purchase agreement (PPA) prices showed stability, with the blended P25 – the most competitive 25th percentile wind and solar PPA offer prices – increasing just 0.1% quarter over quarter, according to LevelTen Energy’s Q1 2021 PPA Price Index.
The Index series, created by LevelTen Energy, analyses over 4,000 wind and solar pricing offers listed on the LevelTen Marketplace across 21 countries in Europe and North America. According to the analysis:
- European P25 solar prices increased by just 0.3%, and P25 wind prices dropped by 0.1% in Q1 2021.
- Spain continues to be a red-hot solar market, with Spanish P25 solar prices falling by 2.6% in Q1, following a 5.2% drop in the previous quarter.
- Only France and the UK saw notable changes to the P25 wind prices. In France, wind PPA prices dropped for a second straight quarter, decreasing by 5.5%, and in the UK, prices rose by 4.3% from last quarter.
- Ireland made its debut on the Index with wind PPA prices averaging €66/MWh.
- While Italy and Spain retained the top spots in terms of percentage of offers on LevelTen’s European Marketplace, the UK surpassed Germany to take third place, becoming Europe’s third-largest market.
- The importance of social and environmental justice is making its mark on the industry, with over two thirds of respondents to the developer survey saying their company is actively working to improve their practices.