- Published: 01 February 2017 01 February 2017
Cyberhawk Innovations has reported 12 months of success within its wind division Using Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs), also known as drones. The company has worked with 16 clients across the UK, Ireland and Europe during 2016, and has inspected hundreds of wind turbine blades.
Key milestones for Cyberhawk have included:
- Securing a global framework agreement with a large wind turbine manufacturer
- A further framework agreement with a large UK wind operator
- First inspection contract at an offshore wind farm outside the UK
- First contract to inspect an offshore transformer platform
- Inspection of multiple metrological masts, including at the Round 3 Dogger Bank offshore wind farm
In 2016, Cyberhawk also completed a contract for wind energy operator, Engie. This project involved the inspection of the blades at multiple wind farms.