- Published: 15 September 2020 15 September 2020
DNV GL has been appointed by National Grid ESO as a partner in the Offshore Wind Coordination project in Great Britain.
The project will analyse a coordinated approach for offshore grid development and shape the future national strategy of Great Britain’s offshore grid through feeding into the UK Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy’s Offshore transmission network review, which also involves other parties, such as the UK regulator, OFGEM. The project will review and recommend ways to improve how offshore wind farms are connected to the onshore transmission network. DNV GL has been commissioned to assess the viability of a coordinated approach including:
- Assess technology availability (HVDC equipment)
- Analyse technical and regulatory barriers and solutions
- Study implications on power system security and stability
- Develop offshore and onshore grid designs
- Conduct societal Cost-Benefit Analysis of the offshore grid