- Published: 24 May 2022 24 May 2022
Industry body Scottish Renewables has launched a new campaign calling on The Scottish Government to deliver support for the country's low-carbon supply chain.
The campaign, Supporting Scotland’s Renewable Energy Supply Chain, outlines recommendations to maximise the economic benefits of renewable energy projects, grow the renewable energy supply chain in Scotland and ensure a just transition for suppliers across all green energy technologies.
Scottish Renewables' Supporting Scotland's Renewable Energy Supply Chain campaign urges that The Scottish Government:
- Establishes a Low-Carbon Industrial Strategy that includes a Supply Chain Plan to drive forward renewables-led investment and a just transition for Scottish clean energy suppliers and manufacturers
- Supports the immediate growth of Scottish renewable energy suppliers by working with near-term net-zero projects to assist in the success of local supply chain companies
- Enhances the role that Scottish ports play in building a low-carbon economy through a net-zero ports and infrastructure programme
- Achieves growth for small and medium low-carbon suppliers by introducing a supply chain SME support mechanism
- Enhances export opportunities for Scottish suppliers by promoting and supporting companies moving into international markets.