- Published: 24 February 2015 24 February 2015
FTI Consulting has released FTI Intelligence’s preliminary rankings for the world’s top five wind turbine original equipment manufacturers (OEMs). These rankings are to be published in the Global Wind Market Update ― Demand & Supply 2014, which will be officially released in March 2015.
Preliminary results are subject to change between now and the release date of the actual report. All top 10 turbine OEMs break individual installation records in 2014, in what was the highest installation year for the wind industry.
- Vestas holds the #1 position, with a significant margin over competition.
- Siemens had a record breaking year for its onshore business.
- Goldwind holds the #3 position behind Siemens, but remains the largest turbine OEM in Asia.
- In 2014, GE nearly doubled installations and now holds the #4 position.
- Despite another strong year with respect to installs for Enercon, other OEMs outperformed on the international arena, and Enercon holds the #5 position.
- Gamesa remains out of the top five despite a healthy uplift in its business after a challenging domestic market.
- Suzlon Group relied on the growth of its home market and Senvion`s strong performance in Germany to attain a position of #6.
- Nordex is not in the top 10 despite another strong performance in its core markets that saw an uplift of nearly 20 percent in its business.
- Two Chinese companies: United Power and Mingyang are in the top 10. Albeit, Sinovel dropped out of the top 15 in 2014, as a rising star Envision moved into the top 10 for the first time.