- Published: 17 April 2008 17 April 2008
Recently acquired offshore wind energy projects and nearly placed?turbine orders?by major European utilities, including RWE, E.ON, and Centrica, highlight the?potential for large-scale growth in global offshore wind energy markets.
A new?market study from Emerging Energy Research, Global Offshore Wind Energy Markets and Strategies 2008-2020,?provides analysis of the growing offshore wind energy industry.?Comprised of five sections and an appendix, EER's?new?study answers these key questions and more:~
- When exactlywill offshore wind take off and, how quickly will itscale?
- What are the long-term turbine supply options and how is the supply chain evolving to support them?
- Which strategies ofIPPs, utilities and developers hold the best promisefor long-term growth?
- Willthe US and China follow Europe's offshore model?