- Published: 02 April 2020 02 April 2020
Rovco has announced a number of key executive team hires and internal appointments. The new appointments, who will be based in Bristol and Edinburgh, are:
- Reena Rowan who has been appointed as Chief Financial Officer at Rovco, having previously held senior finance positions within Innogy and a number of PE-backed organisations across the offshore wind, oil, gas and telecommunications sectors. In her roles, budgets ranged from £25m to over £800 million and Reena also supported renewables projects, such as the Galloper wind farm.
- Martin Young who has been promoted internally to the role of Chief Technology Officer (CTO). In his new role, Martin will determine the strategic direction for Rovco’s technologies. Previously Martin was Technical Director at Rovco with a background in software development.
- Iain Wallace is now Rovco’s Chief Scientific Officer (CSO), having previously worked as CTO, Iain leads the development of 3D vision and AI to improve quality and reduce cost in subsea inspection. With a PhD in AI, and research in industry, his expertise ranges from multi-robot exploration to vision systems for Mars rovers. As well as delivering complex AI in the harshest environments on Earth.
- Ian Bryan joins as Consultant Chief Operating Officer (COO), bringing 35 years’ experience in defence, robotic manufacturing and the renewable sectors to the role, including as Managing Director, Group Business Operations at Global Marine Group.
- Finally, Simon Miller joins the team as General Manager of Rovco Scotland. Simon brings over 25 years experience in Operations, Senior Projects, Sales and Business Development from Rolls Royce Commercial Marine and Oceaneering International Inc.