- Published: 28 September 2023 28 September 2023
GE Vernova’s research center in Niskayuna, NY has been awarded $22.9 Million to drive clean energy research and development, particularly in wind energy.
This funding, allocated through the U.S. Department of Energy, includes four projects for GE Vernova and includes funding from the Bipartisan Infrastructure Law. The four GE Vernova projects awarded today include:
- $14,900,000 for the production of near net shape (NNS) components that expedite production time and reduce manufacturing costs;
- $3 million to support development of High-Voltage Direct Current (HVDC), which is essential to transmit electricity from offshore wind;
- $2,999,995 for state-of-the-art manufacturing and research into production and development of large wind blades; and
- $1,999,845 to streamline production for critical components for wind turbines.