Follow us at  twitter
A consortium made up of Gamesa and Iberdrola Ingeniería y Construcción has received a contract to build a Honduran wind farm, known as Cerro de Hula, a project which will have 102MW of installed capacity.

Gamesa controls 76% of the venture, while Iberdrola Ingeniería y Construcción controls the remaining 24%. The wind farm’s customer is Mesoamérica Energy, a company that develops renewable energy projects in Central America and neighbouring countries via its local subsidiary, Energía Eólica de Honduras. The wind farm project has a 20-year power purchase agreement (PPA) contract with Honduras’ Empresa Nacional de Energía Eléctrica, and will be financed with funds from the US Export–Import Bank and the Central American Bank for Economic Integration. The contract to build the Cerro de Hula wind farm calls for a ‘turnkey’ project with scheduled completion in 18 months. The new wind farm will consist of 51 Gamesa G87-2MW wind turbines. The contract includes electricity grid interconnection, land accesses to the site, civil works, transport and electromechanical erection of the wind turbines. In addition, it includes maintenance services for a period of 2 years from the date the wind farm begins operating.
Joomla SEF URLs by Artio