- Published: 03 February 2020 03 February 2020
Evergy has announced that it will expand its wind energy portfolio by 660MW, and reduce carbon output by 80% below 2005 levels by 2050. Electricity from four new wind energy sites will be used to attract and retain large commercial and industrial customers. This addition will bring the total amount of wind serving Evergy customers to 4,535MW.
The projects are:
- Expedition Wind, a 199MW project being developed by National Renewable Solutions in Marion County, Kansas
- Flat Ridge 3, an additional 128MW of wind generation being developed by AEP Renewables near Kingman, Kansas
- Jayhawk Wind, a 193MW wind project being developed by Apex Clean Energy in Crawford and Bourbon Counties, Kansas, with Evergy purchasing power from 155MW of the site.
- Ponderosa Wind, from which Evergy will purchase 178MW of wind energy from the site being developed by a subsidiary of NextEra Resources, south of Liberal, Kansas, in Oklahoma.