- Published: 03 February 2020 03 February 2020
Ørsted and Eversource have announced the signing of a memorandum of understanding with ThayerMahan, a Groton-based marine robotics and maritime surveillance company that will monitor wildlife and seabeds in connection with the Revolution Wind offshore wind project.
The services that ThayerMahan and Ørsted/Eversource would explore include but are not limited to:
- Marine mammal monitoring using passive acoustic, mobile detection systems featuring ThayerMahan's proprietary Outpost sonar system for detecting, classifying and reporting on NARW – North Atlantic Right Whales and other marine mammals.
- Environmental monitoring from fixed and mobile systems
- METOCEAN measurements and weather forecasting
- Marine traffic and wind project vessel traffic monitoring
- Seabed survey and inspections of undersea cable and monopile systems during construction and operations.
- Balance of plant services including operations and maintenance of wind turbine generators, monopole foundations, transition pieces, onshore substations and array and export cable surveys.
- Land-based real estate and construction consulting services including permit assist, land/purchase assist, zoning and entitlement assist, construction management and monitoring.
Revolution Wind is expected to be operational in 2023, delivering 304MW.