Follow us at  twitter
Moog has decided, due to the challenging economic conditions in the wind market, to exit the pitch control business over the next 5 months. Over the last several years, Moog has invested in new pitch system technologies to meet customer goals of significantly lower price and higher reliability. 
 
While the company has met its product development cost and performance objectives, they see the current over-supply situation and market price pressures having a negative effect on the overall wind market for the foreseeable future. This change has no impact on the rest of the company’s wind product portfolio, which includes slip rings, blade sensing systems, motors, valves and pumps for wind applications. The Moog Wind Facility in Unna, Germany will be closing September 30th, 2018 and the company is already making plans to set up structures to meet future aftermarket needs for the pitch control business.
Joomla SEF URLs by Artio

Related Articles

  • Moog launches new AC modular pitch system
    Moog has announced the launch of its new AC Moog wind turbine pitch system. Adopting a compact modular architecture, the new system has distinct advantages in safety, reliability and an overall reduct ...Windtech International - Windtech International is the worldwide information magazine for the wind energy industry. It provides the ideal forum for the promotion and explanation of new products, techniques and applications. This trusted and well-respected source of information is read regularly by an increasing readership
  • Moog launches new modular pitch system
    Moog has launched its latest AC Moog Wind Turbine Pitch System. Moog set four goals when developing the new pitch systems and products: 1) Improve turbine reliability 2) Reduce the overall cost to the ...Windtech International - Windtech International is the worldwide information magazine for the wind energy industry. It provides the ideal forum for the promotion and explanation of new products, techniques and applications. This trusted and well-respected source of information is read regularly by an increasing readership
  • Moog wins contract to supply Narec with a test system to evaluate 100 meters wind turbine blades
    Moog Industrial Group has announced that the company has been awarded a contract to supply a test system to Narec (National Renewable Energy Centre) to evaluate and test wind turbine blades at their n ...Windtech International - Windtech International is the worldwide information magazine for the wind energy industry. It provides the ideal forum for the promotion and explanation of new products, techniques and applications. This trusted and well-respected source of information is read regularly by an increasing readership
  • Re-branding of Insensys offering
    Moog Inc. has completed the integration of the Insensys acquisition and will now market all of its offerings under the Moog brand. Insensys individual pitch control and rotor blade monitoring system ...Windtech International - Windtech International is the worldwide information magazine for the wind energy industry. It provides the ideal forum for the promotion and explanation of new products, techniques and applications. This trusted and well-respected source of information is read regularly by an increasing readership
  • Moog completes acquisition of LTi REEnergy
    After taking a 40 per cent ownership stake in privately held LTi REEnergy GmbH last June, Moog Inc. has acquired the remaining 60 per cent of the Germany-based company. Moog is acquiring two manufac ...Windtech International - Windtech International is the worldwide information magazine for the wind energy industry. It provides the ideal forum for the promotion and explanation of new products, techniques and applications. This trusted and well-respected source of information is read regularly by an increasing readership
  • Moog acquires controlling stake in Insensys
    Insensys Ltd. has announced that Moog Inc has acquired 70% of its stock for £11 million in cash. As part of the transaction, Moog has an option to purchase the remaining 30% within one year. Insensy ...Windtech International - Windtech International is the worldwide information magazine for the wind energy industry. It provides the ideal forum for the promotion and explanation of new products, techniques and applications. This trusted and well-respected source of information is read regularly by an increasing readership
  • Moog announces investment in wind energy business
    Moog Inc has announced today that it has acquired 40% ownership of privately held LTi REEnergy GmbH of Unna, Germany for € 18 million (approximately US$ 28 million) from available cash balances. The ...Windtech International - Windtech International is the worldwide information magazine for the wind energy industry. It provides the ideal forum for the promotion and explanation of new products, techniques and applications. This trusted and well-respected source of information is read regularly by an increasing readership