- Published: 19 September 2022 19 September 2022
Global Infrastructure Partners (GIP) has announced the launch of Skyborn Renewables. Skyborn Renewables (Skyborn) was previously operated as wpd offshore. In May, GIP announced an agreement to acquire 100% of the business. The transaction closed on September 15, 2022.
The assets of Skyborn include interests in 5 operating and under-construction projects in Germany, France and Taiwan; and a pipeline of over 30 GW (gross) of highly diversified offshore wind projects in various stages of development. CEO of Skyborn Renewables is Achim Berge Olsen. In addition to Berge Olsen, the newly-appointed management team includes:
- João Metelo, Chief Investment & Financial Officer (CIFO)
- Morten Melin, Co-Chief Operating Officer (COO), who will join the team in March 2023
- Thomas Karst, Co-Chief Operating Officer (COO)
- Lars Muck, Chief Technology Officer (CTO)
- Cathrin Browne, General Counsel (GC), who will join the team in November 2022
Skyborn Renewables will open an office in Hamburg.