The Crown Estate having now awarded Agreements for Lease (AfL) to six proposed offshore wind project extensions in the waters around England and Wales. The projects together have the potential to deliver 2.8 GW of new capacity.
The Agreements for Lease have been awarded over the past 6 months and are for extensions to:
- Sheringham Shoal offshore wind farm
- Dudgeon offshore wind farm
- Greater Gabbard offshore wind farm (extension known as North Falls Offshore Wind Farm)
- Galloper offshore wind farm (extension known as Five Estuaries Offshore Wind Farm)
- Rampion offshore wind farm (extension known as Rampion 2)
- Gwynt y Môr offshore wind farm (extension known as Awel y Môr Offshore Wind Farm)
These six project AfLs come in addition to the AfL for the proposed extension to Thanet Offshore Wind Farm, announced previously. The extension to Rampion offshore wind farm at the end of September 2020 marked the final agreement to be awarded as part of the 2017 Extensions opportunity.