NextEra Energy Partners has announced that it has entered into an agreement with subsidiaries of NextEra Energy Resources to acquire a 49% interest in an approximately 1.5GW renewables portfolio and approximately 100% of the indirect membership interests in an approximately 345MW portfolio of operating wind assets.
The assets included are:
49% of the membership interests in Emerald Breeze, an existing portfolio holding company, which indirectly owns:
- Great Prairie Wind, an approximately 1,029-MW wind generation facility located in Texas and Oklahoma.
- Appaloosa Run Wind, an approximately 172-MW wind generation facility located in Texas.
- Eight Point Wind, an approximately 111-MW wind generation facility located in New York.
- Yellow Pine Solar, an approximately 125-MW solar generation and 65-MW storage facility located in Nevada.
100% of the indirect membership interests in:
- Elk City Wind II, an approximately 107-MW wind generation facility located in Oklahoma.
- Sac County Wind, an approximately 80-MW wind generation facility located in Iowa.
- Sholes Wind, an approximately 160-MW wind generation facility located in Nebraska.
NextEra Energy Partners expects to acquire the interests in the assets for total consideration of approximately $805.