The European Technology & Innovation Platform on wind energy (ETIPWind) launched its new Strategic R&I Agenda for the period 2025-2027.
It calls for €1.8 billion of public investment in wind energy research and innovation. The Agenda builds on the work of 190 industry experts and the research community. The ETIPWind Strategic Research and Innovation Agenda defines 23 R&I priorities for 2025-2027 which support 5 priorities:
- Accelerate the industrialisation and restore the competitiveness of the supply chain;
- Optimise and further digitalise the Operations & Maintenance of the assets;
- Achieve a faster and wider wind energy system integration;
- Develop a sustainable and circular wind energy supply chain;
- Attract a skilled workforce and ensure a happy coexistence with society.
ETIPWind estimates that the total public investment (EU and national) needed to effectively address these priorities would amount to €1.8 billion for the 2025-2027 period. This means public investments in wind energy R&I need to double compared to today.