- Published: 14 April 2015 14 April 2015
The Australian Renewable Energy Agency (ARENA) has announced up to AUS$ 20 million for a new research and development (R&D) round dedicated to industry-partnered projects that seek to develop and commercialise renewable energy technologies.
This round will support industry and research partnerships to deliver R&D projects with practical applications and commercially-oriented outcomes that integrate renewable energy into networks, buildings and industrial processes. Proposed projects must address one of four priority technology areas and develop industry-research partnerships with at least one eligible Australian research institution (research partner) and at least one industry partner. The four priority technology areas are:
- Balance of System (BoS) cost reduction (either on-grid or off-grid)
- Integration and high penetration of renewables into networks (either on-grid, off-grid or mini-grids)
- Integration of renewable energy for industrial process (excluding electricity generation)
- Integration of renewable energy into buildings or building materials
Expressions of interest are open until 19 June 2015.