Latest Issue
 
Windtech International July August 2024 issue

 

FOLLOW US AT

follow

 

follow


As a member of the RE100 initiative, Vaisala has achieved its target to use 100% renewable electricity by the end of 2020. In total, 14 Vaisala facilities around the world are powered by renewables. The target was achieved with a combination of self-produced energy and green electricity products purchased from local energy companies.
 
94% of the electricity that Vaisala’s facilities consume comes directly from renewable sources, mainly from wind power. The remaining 6% consists mostly of small office facilities where Vaisala is not the sole proprietor of the building and therefore cannot directly choose to consume renewable electricity. This remaining part was covered by purchasing unbundled renewable energy attribute certificates from the market. With these certificates, Vaisala was able to cover electricity consumption on those sites that cannot negotiate their own electricity contracts.
 
Use of cookies

Windtech International wants to make your visit to our website as pleasant as possible. That is why we place cookies on your computer that remember your preferences. With anonymous information about your site use you also help us to improve the website. Of course we will ask for your permission first. Click Accept to use all functions of the Windtech International website.