The Danish Energy Agency has prequalified a total of six consortia and companies to participate in the tender for Denmark's Thor Offshore Wind Farm with a capacity of 800-1000 MW.
By 1 December 2020, the Danish Energy Agency received a total of six applications from a broad field of consortia and companies wishing to bid for the task of building the Thor Offshore Wind Farm. All six consortia and companies meet the criteria for financial and technical capacity, and the Agency has prequalified all six of them. The selected applicants are the following (in alphabetical order):
- SSE Renewables Offshore Windfarm Holdings Limited and Thor OFW K/S (owned by Copenhagen Infrastructure IV Thor OFW ApS and Andel Holding A/S) on behalf of a not yet established subsidiary
- Swan Wind P/S (ultimately owned by Eneco Wind B.V. and European Energy A/S)
- Thor Wind Farm I/S (owned by RWE Wind Holding A/S and RWE Offshore Wind A/S)
- Total Renewables S.A.S and Iberdrola Renovables Internacional S.A.U on behalf of a not yet established entity
- Vattenfall Vindkraft A/S on behalf of a not yet established entity
- Ørsted Wind Power A/S
The Danish Energy Agency will complete the tender during 2021. The decision on the winner of the tender is expected to be announced at the end of 2021.