Latest Issue
 
Windtech International May June 2024 issue

 

FOLLOW US AT

follow

 

follow


Neoen and Prokon have provided notice to proceed to Vestas, signalling the start of the construction of their jointly owned Storbötet and Lumivaara wind farms in Finland.
 
The Storbötet wind farm is located in the municipality of Uusikaarlepyy, in the region ofOstrobothnia, and will comprise 17 Vestas wind turbines with a total capacity of 105.4 MW. The Lumivaara wind farm is located in the municipality of Hyrynsalmi, in the region of Kainuu. It will comprise 9 Vestas wind turbines, with a total capacity of 55.8 MW. They are scheduled to be fully operational in 2025. Both projects are underpinned by 10-year power purchase agreements (PPAs) with Equinix. The PPAs cover 60% of the green energy and guarantees of origin to be produced by Storbötet and 80% of those produced by Lumivaara.Neoen owns an 80% stake in each project, the remaining 20% being owned by Prokon.
 
Use of cookies

Windtech International wants to make your visit to our website as pleasant as possible. That is why we place cookies on your computer that remember your preferences. With anonymous information about your site use you also help us to improve the website. Of course we will ask for your permission first. Click Accept to use all functions of the Windtech International website.