- Published: 14 June 2016 14 June 2016
ABPmer has launched Version 2 of its weather downtime calculator. The updated service now has wider application across the offshore wind, subsea cable and oil/gas sectors.
In 2015 ABPmer launched the express service that provided offshore contractors with direct access to the tool and its global hindcast database. The upgrades to the express service include:
- allowing for specifying tasks that are ‘interruptible’ during the working schedule
- providing additional information about partial completion of the whole operation, including Gantt charts showing the progress of the operations including weather downtime per task
- enabling the use of externally supplied data to be used in the tool for calculations
- adding more detail to the specification of input parameters, i.e. more detail about the wind speed or wave period
First Flight Wind Ltd, a consortium made up of B9 Energy, DONG Energy and RES, has appointed ABPmer to undertake physical process studies to support the Environmental Impact Assessment of the first of ...Windtech International - Windtech International is the worldwide information magazine for the wind energy industry. It provides the ideal forum for the promotion and explanation of new products, techniques and applications. This trusted and well-respected source of information is read regularly by an increasing readership