Published: 01 February 2006 01 February 2006
CLP Group has announced that it has concluded commercial arrangements for its investment in a greenfield wind power project of 45MW at Shantou in Guangdong, China.

Following the approval of the project by the Development and Reform Commission of Guangdong Province, the joint venture, in which CLP has a 25% interest, was formally established in late December 2005. The remaining 75% is owned 50% by a subsidiary of China Huaneng Group and 25% by Guangdong Electric Power Development Company Limited. This joint venture will involve a total investment of about RMB 433 million (€ 44.4 million). The wind farm is to be located at the eastern part of Nanao Island. The construction will commence early in 2006 and the project is expected to be commissioned by 2007. The wind farm will serve the local electricity demand of Shantou City.
Joomla SEF URLs by Artio